Interfaith Thrift Store
Simply put, volunteers are the heart and soul of the Interfaith Food Bank’s mission, and without people exactly like YOU, feeding our community’s hungry would not be possible.
In 2016, Interfaith Food Bank volunteers contributed 17,904 volunteer hours — that’s the equivalent of $349,307 in donated labor! In addition to gaining valuable experience working with the public, our volunteers fulfill school and civic requirements, all while contributing to the success of a precious community asset.
From students to church or corporate groups, to retirees, we have a job for everyone at the Interfaith Food Bank and Interfaith Thrift Store, regardless of prior work experience.
The following is a list of ongoing positions:
- Food distribution site hosts
- Food drive hosts
- Office assistants
- Warehouse assistants (minimum of two hours per week is requested)
- Thrift Store clerks, clothing handlers, intake processors
Age and other requirements
- Minors 16 years of age and older/high school seniors may volunteer unaccompanied and receive community service hours
- Minors younger than 16 may volunteer if accompanied by an adult
- Warehouse volunteers must be able to lift 20 lbs
- There is no maximum age limit for volunteers
- Delivery volunteers must possess a valid driver’s license and insurance
If you would like to volunteer, please click here.